Welcome to Hostal Antigua!
A hostal in the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala
Hostal Antigua is in the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala in Central America. Our hostel is only 1 & half blocks from the beautiful Parque Central and Cathedral of Antigua Guatemala, in a very safe & quiet location. Our hostels great location, in the heart of Antigua, is close to all the important sites, which ensures your hotel stay will be comfortable & enjoyable. All this, at our budget hostel prices, will allow you to have a better vacation and stay within your planned budget.
Our great city of Antigua Guatemala has over 470 years of history for travelers to explore. Antigua, being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, all this valuable history is very well preserved for our tourist and hotel guest. So, come on and see the history of Antigua Guatemala while staying in our family hotel.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING:
- All hostel rooms have cable TV & Private Bath inside the room
- Free Wi-Fi in all hostel rooms and common areas
- High speed internet terminal for guest use at an additional cost of Q7/hr, about $0.90/hr
- Free purified water and free coffee
- Kitchen for your use
- 24hr reception in a very secure environment (bilingual staff during the day)
- Travel Agency to help with any tours or ongoing travel. Airport pickup for check_rate $37.
- Free city map & bilingual receptionist to answer any travel or site seeing questions
- Hot water & great water pressure 24hrs per day
- Laundry service & Bag storage
- Daily maid service
- Pet friendly accepting your pet
- Spanish classes & Translation services
- Doctor on call 24hrs for any guest that needs one
- Rooftop terrace with great views & lots of sitting areas
- CCTV camera system in all common areas of the hotel for additional security
- For $5/person you can use the swimming pool & sauna facilities of our more luxurious property
Hostal Antigua offers 7 very comfortable & clean hostel rooms, all with beautiful hand-made Guatemalan typical furniture, fabrics and decoration. Our hostel offers 6 private rooms and 1 large dormitory room. The private rooms range from either 1 double bed or 1 double bed and 1 single bed to 3 separate beds in them. Our hostel has different types of rooms to suit your needs. We have 1 large dormitory room that has 12 beds in it. Then, we have private rooms for 1 to 3 people. All our hostel rooms have cable TV (movies, news and kids channels), Wi-Fi, fans, new anti-stress beds & a full bathroom inside the room. The large 12 bed dormitory even has 2 full bathrooms in it.
We can accommodate groups, as we have a total of 25 separate hotel beds and a total capacity of 29 people. If your group is even larger, between all our Antigua hotels, we have over 215 rooms and can accommodate up to 700 people. Even if your group is split between a few of our hotels, you would never be more than a 3 minute walk from the rest of your group, since our hotels are very close to each other and very centrally located to the central park of Antigua. Also, if your group is interested in meal plans, we can provide breakfast, lunch and dinner.
As our hotel & hostel guest, if you need anything or have any special request during your vacation stay in Antigua Guatemala, please ask our hostel receptionist and they will attend to your every need. We give you a cleaner hostel, better service and a better value for your money, than any other place in Antigua Guatemala.
For your convenience, we offer private airport pickups for $37.
Cancellation policy: 3 days. Cancellations have to be in writing by email. If canceled less than 3 days (72 hours) prior to check-in or no-show, you are charged the full remaining balance of your reservation. For deposits paid to the hotel, if canceled more than 14 days prior to check-in, you receive a full refund minus a $15 cancellation fee. If canceled less than 14 days but more than 3 days before check-in, you forfeit your deposit.
The hotel accepts US dollars, Quetzales, Travelers checks & credit cards. If paying at the hotel with credit or debit card there is a 6% surcharge. The online booking service has a 3rd party comission built into the price.
We also offer a new hotel in our group of hotels. It is Hotel Panchoy. You can view photos and reserve it direct through its reservation system, Hotel Panchoy